Julian B. Myers
Julian B. Myers
Born and raised in Mexico City. A dual-licensed US-Mexico attorney. First licensed as an attorney in Mexico in 2001. Admitted to the State Bar of California in 2005. Given his bi-cultural background, Mr. Myers is especially valuable in bridging the “cultural gap” that often arises in cross-border transactions. Julian B. Myers represents foreign and domestic clients with matters in the U.S. and abroad, assisting them with a wide variety of legal matters, such as:
CORPORATE AND BUSINESS
- Business planning and entity selection.
- Entity formation, ongoing maintenance and legal compliance.
- Operational matters and fundamental changes (i.e. registration in other jurisdictions, annual reports, conversions, mergers and acquisitions, etc.).
- Corporate finance, securities and private placements.
- Corporate and business tax.
- Planning, negotiating and documenting business transactions.
- Assisting clients in developing and funding business opportunities.
- Drafting proposals, letters of intent, memorandums of understanding and contracts.
- Real estate transactions.
- Real estate financing.
- Creation and disposition of rights to real property (easements, licenses, conveyancing, etc.).
- Planning and creation of real property ownership structures.
U.S. Activities of Nonresident Aliens (Inbound):
- Planning and creation of corporate and business structures for nonresident aliens doing business or investing in the U.S.
- U.S. tax and pre-immigration planning for nonresident aliens.
- Real estate transactions and creation of ownership structures for nonresident aliens.
- Cross-border commerce and trade.
- Estate planning.
Foreign Activities of Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens (Outbound):
- Planning and creation of corporate and business structures in foreign jurisdictions.
- Cross-border tax planning (creation of structures seeking to minimize global tax and provide offshore asset protection).
- Real estate transactions and creation of real property ownership structures in foreign jurisdictions.
- Diploma in Tax, University of San Diego School of Law (2013)
- European Union Law, Magdalen College, Oxford U.K. (2002)
- LL.M., University of San Diego School of Law (2002)
- J.D., Universidad Anáhuac, Mexico D.F. (1997)