US-Mexico Crossborder Business Disputes
We represent clients in litigation matters in federal and state courts of California, and in federal and state courts throughout Mexico with regards to business disputes that involve the laws of both countries.
Our thorough understanding of the substantive and procedural laws of both Mexico and the United States, as well as their practical application, allows us to navigate through an intersection of each country's domestic laws and international law.
In cases litigated in Mexican Courts or in California Courts that involve one or more of the following, such cases are crossborder litigation matters for which we offer the highest degree of insight, knowledge and experience:
- The application of the substantive laws of the other country
- A dispute over the choice of law between US law or Mexico law
- A dispute regarding jurisdiction by the court in which the case was filed
- The service of process of defendants located in the other country
- Discovery of evidence that is located or originates in the other country
- The admissibility and authentication of evidence that originated from the other country
- The enforcement of a judgment from the other country
In addition to litigation matters, we also represent clients in arbitral proceedings which may involve the laws of both countries and the involvement of the courts of either California or Mexico when the arbitration takes place on the other side of the border.